e-Science at Lund University
e-Science as an area is not defined by the subject of the studies, but rather by the approach to the studies and more specifically the advanced use of computers, storage, and networks; i.e., e-Science combines groups with a common "how" rather than a common "what". Thus, the area is by by its very nature multidisciplinary, although individual projects may be more or less so.
There are many e-Science activities at Lund University and the intention of the Compile web page is to serve as a portal for all of them, providing news and other relevant information on a single web site.
Major organisations with a particular focus on e-Science:
- eSSENCE: A strategic research area (SRA) within e-Science and a collaboration between Lund, Uppsala, and Umeå (eSSENCE web site: http://essenceofescience.se)
- COMPUTE: A research school for e-Science funded by the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Medicine, and LTH (COMPUTE web site: http://compute.lu.se)
- Lunarc: The centre for scientific and technical computing at Lund University (Lunarc web site: http://www.lunarc.lu.se/)
- AI Lund: An open network for research, education, and innovation in the area of Artificial Intelligence at Lund University (AI Lund web site: http://ai.lu.se)
- LUBI: The goal of Lund University Bioinformatics Infrastructure (LUBI) is to strengthen and coordinate bioinformatics at Lund University. (LUBI web site: https://www.lubi.lu.se)
During autumn 2017 and spring 2018, there was a theme DATA at the Pufendorf Institute with five threads related to the handling and analysis of data. (Pufendorf Institute web site: http://www.pi.lu.se/)
All e-Science-related activities at Lund University may collectively be referred to as LU eScience.