Deadline for application is 22 August.
The Department of Design Sciences is looking for a postdoc in 3D data and virtual reality. The position is placed at the Division of Ergonomics and Aerosol Technology at LTH, Faculty of Engineering at Lund University. However, 50% of the work is located at the Lund University Humanities Lab.
The main duties involved in a post-doctoral position is to conduct research. Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours. The position includes the opportunity for three weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning. The purpose of the position is to develop the independence as a researcher and to create the opportunity of further development.
The work duties include:
- You will be responsible for the Humanities Lab’s 3D equipment (maintenance, upgrading, etc.) and data quality control.
- You will develop the Humanities Lab’s technology and methods in collaboration with researchers from different fields and work with post-processing of collected data for evaluations and tests.
- You will be a contact person for the Humanities Lab’s users, i.e. help them select the right technical systems/setups based on their needs, be accessible for problem solving, inform users about updates, etc. in the Humanities Lab.
- You will perform research on Virtual Reality-based data visualisation.
- You will develop the technology and methods of LTH’s Virtual Reality laboratory.
- You will be active in the national infrastructure InfraVis, which means work with support and development in the visualization of scientific data in collaboration with research groups from Swedish universities.
- Educate users in courses and workshops with theory as well as practice.
- Develop the collaborations between the Humanities Lab, the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering and work pro-actively towards other groups and units at Lund university that work with 3D data.
For more information, see the full announcement (varbi).